Business Manager (Position #993539)
• To provide business and financial support to a director, chair, or department head of a moderate-size department or unit.
• Perform business support functions (e.g., purchasing, records management, grants management, budget preparation, etc.).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Compile and report financial information.
• Maintain and balance accounts.
• Correspond with other University departments and outside entities on matters related to business operations.
• Utilize and maintain automated reporting systems.
• Investigate problems, reconcile solutions, and prepare replies.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Leadership and Supervision
• Functional guidance of administrative/professional employees and/or direct supervision of support staff on an ongoing basis. May provide ongoing facilitation of consecutive projects.Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business plus
two to three years of relevant experience.
• Or a combination of education, training and experience equivalent to an Associate's degree in business or related field of study and 10 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring budgets and reconciling accounts in a multi-department or complex business environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of budgeting; accounting principles; personal computer applications
• May require specialized knowledge in a particular field (e.g.,equipment, terminology, physical plant, safety, hazardous materials).
• Skill in written and interpersonal communication
• Ability to communicate effectively with all components of the University and external constituents; manage people and projects.