Hello Korean Association of Northeast Ohio:
We have received this information from one of our readers. As you know, the library does not forward any third party's e-mail to our patrons. However, this information is very beneficial to Asian communities. Someone from the Asian communities may be qualified to work for the city to support its services to all Asian communities. You may send the following information to the members that your agency serves.--- Thank you. Caroline Han
Link to the job information:
Community Relations Board Asian-Pacific American Liaison Job Description
Under direct supervision, assembles, analyzes, and prepares informational materials to serve as a basis for the development of various phases of community outreach from Cleveland City Hall services and promote programs to maintain and improve police/ community relationships; works with individuals and groups to promote amicable relations among racial and cultural groups within the community; and investigates causative factors and complaints of discriminatory employment practices, neighborhood tension situations, conflicts in community gatherings, neighbor to neighbor disputes and similar problems, as a basis for preventative and corrective measures.
- Represent the Community Relations Board and implement all the directives of the Community Relations Board in the Asian-Pacific American Community.
- Convene Asian-Pacific American stakeholders quarterly to discuss the availability of city services and respond to issues and concerns in the community.
- Develop and implement programs to enhance safety initiatives and the quality of life in the community.
- Identify growing Asian-Pacific American communities and establish relationships with them.
- Establish partnerships with any agencies, community based-groups and/or governmental agencies that serve Asian-Pacific American community.
- Create a database of partners of partners and send monthly updates on City Hall activities.
- Investigate complaints in the Asian-Pacific American community and propose Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques to resolve impediments to quality of life issues.
- Make visits to various community assets in the Asian-Pacific community, including but not limited to businesses, stores, restaurants, social service agencies, faith and community-based organizations.
- Develop cultural competency programs and initiatives to help anyone in the City of Cleveland understand the culture and traditions of the Asian-American community.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to recognize and host Asian-Pacific American cultural celebrations.
- Coordinate safety fairs and other innovative activities to encourage Asian-Pacific American citizen participation in safety initiatives.
- Serve as a surrogate for the Mayor, Community Relations Board and other City Departments when asked.
- Provide limited interpretation and translation services and identify other agencies that provide this service and refer anyone in need to these services.
- Provide timely written, verbal and urgent reports to the Executive Director of the Community Relations Board and document work activities, report community concerns and make referrals to other city of Cleveland Departments, inter-governmental agencies and community based agencies when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED is required. Two years of full time paid experience in a Social Services environment or closely related field is required. (Substitution: A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field may substitute for experience.) A valid State of Ohio Driver’s License is required. Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds.
Proficient in Microsoft Office